Me? No way. Maybe? Sort of.
Apparently out here there is an NBC affiliate called NBC11. It's one of those dinky local versions of the national version. You know, the ones that nobody really watches. They have a show called "In the Wne Country" which is some sort of Bay Area lifestyle show. The show is doing a piece on Bon Appetit, their commitment to local, sustainable food, and that brought them to our kitchen yesterday. So, for much of the day, we had a camera crew invading everything we did. For a solid fifteen minutes while I was working the pantry line, I had a camera on top of me, in the way. There may end up being shots of me making salads, but who knows how much footage they will use. In truth, they spent more time shooting close ups of Point Reyes Blue Cheese than they did the staff, but all of us got plenty of camera time. How much will end up on the cutting room floor? Stay tuned. I have no idea when it will air.
Today is the last day of school. All that remains to be done is a quick presentation in Banquets and Catering, in which we will be wearing professional attire, and then a long trip to the bar no doubt.
I've decided to keep blogging right through my externship, which is taking me to a restaurant called 17 in Houston.
Meanwhile, I've been trying to get packed, figure out what needs to go to Houston, and paring down the rest of my personal belongings. I'm in a mindset right now that wants to rid myself of all accumulated shit, live out of a backpack for a year. Not a transient so much as just unhinged from the incredible amount of needless goods that I have laying around. Just bring my clothes, assorted kitchen tools, a few books - just the basics. Dressers, coffee tables - get rid of it.
Anyway, I'l do my big graduation post tomorrow. Right now, I have to pack and/or throw away stuff.