This Is It


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Today is, for all intents and purposes, the final final. Yes, I still have a written test ahead, and the group buffet on Friday, and four days of service on a somewhat foreign menu, but today, just today, is a mystery basket that is for the first time totally individual. The culmination of my young culinary career is about what I can do tonight. 3 dishes. 2 hours. 1 year of experience to back me up. The walkin fridge is wide open, and I have 120 minutes to put together something perfect or as close to perfect as I can manage.

Pressure? You fuckin betcha, slugger. I'm pumped to get it on.

So, again, send your good vibes my way. By 9pm pst, it'll all be a done deal.

I cheated a little, in that I recipe tested my main dish last night. Red wine braised filt, demi, arugula pesto, a zucchini fritter (really a garnish, no more), smashed potatoes made with milk solids and olive oil, whatever green veg I can find. The other two dishes? Fried polenta with a tomato white wine cream and sauteed shrimp, and an amuse bouche made from a sauteed mushroom, polenta, demi, all preplanted on a fork.

It should be good. Simple, somewhat Italian, but good.


    Image hosting by Photobucket

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3