So, I've managed to avoid getting tattoos my entire life, primarily because I could never find the one symbolic sentiment I felt strongly enough to wear it forever (or until a plastic surgeon could remove it). I've had ideas, notions, even sketches, but nothing.
I've decided that when I finish school, a scant 3 weeks and 3 days from now, I'm getting a tattoo to commemorate the experience, and to pledge my passion for this craft of food.
Coming up with a symbol or design worthy of wearing has been tough so far. I have an appreciation forNative American culture, and thought I'd be able to find some Northwestern tribe symbols that somehow involved food, but I haven't had much luck.
What's in the design, or the supposed design? Well, the anthropological importance of food, certainly. The gravity and immediacy of life in a busy kitchen as well. Along more general lines, say the importance of finding a home, a focus, a talent and honing it despite profit margins, social trappings and realism.
No celtic knots, though cyclical design is encouraged. I'm riffing on images, but I'll pay for a good idea. A knife must be involved somehow, no matter how abstract. Also, it must be a tattoo that can be later augmented and built upon, to mark the progression of things. If you have an idea, post it in the comments. Winner gets a rustic French dinner party, all expenses paid, assuming you are in the local area. If not in the local area, then at least you know you contributed to the defiling.
Thanks,
M