Mid-Season Awards


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Half way through the program, I'm handing out awards recognizing exemplary achievement.

Best Rebellious Moment by a Chef Instructor:
Chef Steve, my math and management chef, letting me, Zach and Jeff raid the student dining fridge for food. This is a BIG no no, but Chef Steve is a bad ass. Honorable mention also to Chef Steve for bringing in a bottle of absinthe (illegal in the US, ya know) and giving the class a taste and a history lesson.

Best End Around on Loosely Defined Terms:
When told that he could no longer hold a nightly buffet outside his garde manger class each night, Chef Ali moved the buffet into the classroom, which was so not what the administration meant.

Best Waste of Time and Title:
Sarah Hulsey, Class President. I actually had a conversation with Ms. Hulsey regarding her figurehead position. I asked her what she did, but I never got a real answer. So political.

Best Use of Spirits in a Garde Manger Class:
Marinating flank steak in tequila - one for the meat, two for the student, repeat. The steak was outstanding.

Best Dish Ever Served by Any of Us:
Jessica's chorizo(esque) stuffed chicken breasts, tied with Jesus' Caucasian Killer Soup.

Best Option for a Bar Tender at the Joint I Will One Day Own:
Red, with Zach bar-backing.

Best Example of Why You Don't Wash Sharpees With Your Jackets:
Me, Dave and Jason walking the halls with random, though stylish, black stains.

Apparently a few of the Associate Chefs, dismissed two months ago during the budget cuts, have been rehired, among them Chef Dylan. Good job, CCA. However, if you still want to cut some salaries, I have an idea or two.

Sheesh, there's really just nothing to report these days. I'm scraping the bottom of the barrel for story ideas here, can you tell?


    Image hosting by Photobucket

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3