Contemporary Cuisine


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Thankfully, I was wrong - in contemporary cuisine, cooking is all we do...

Chef Instructor Tony Marano speaks and writes like an English teacher, though after one day I'm still waiting for the requisite demonstration of chops that I've received from other instructors. He's far more subtle than others have been.

We lost two students and gained three day class refugees, bringing us to 25.

The class started with a quick lecture, maybe 40 minutes, then the class was randomly divided into 5 groups. Each day we have a menu of ten items, with each team picking two items to prepare. Yesterday was a snap. Being I am in team 5, we picked items from the menu last, which is to say we were left with the two items no one wanted to cook. What did we do? Potatoes daupin and chocolate chip cookies. Both were big hits, but the winner of the day was Jesus and his team for putting together a pinto bean soup that was spectacular. It was spicy as hell, so we dubbed it Caucasian Killer Soup.

That's about it for now. Just a quick post before I head off to another job interview. Nothing special, just a new temp agency. Oh, and since I don't post recipes here, I've decided to start a second blog that actually lists out recipes of things I do at school and home. More on that later.


    Image hosting by Photobucket

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3